The Parable of the Chick-fil-A Campers

For the kingdom of heaven is like Chick-fil-A which went out early in the morning at 6am to open its doors to men and women to camp in its parking lot. They agreed to pay the first 100 campers 52 value meal coupons for the day and assigned them camping spots in the parking lot.

About the third hour, they went out and saw others who had arrived to get free coupons. They told them, 'You also go and camp in my parking lot, and I will pay you.' So they set up their tents.

He went out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour and did the same thing. About the eleventh hour he went out and found still others standing around. Chick-fil-A asked them, 'Why have you come?'

" 'Because there are still spots remaining; one hundred people have not arrived yet,' they answered.
"They said to them, 'You also go and camp in my parking lot.'

"When the next morning came, the Chick-fil-A said to Mama Sue, 'Call the campers and pay them their wages'

"The campers who arrived about the eleventh hour came and each received 52 meal coupons. So when those came who arrived first at 6am, thinking they would have to compete for earliest arrival, they thought they should receive more. But each one of them also received a 52 meal coupons. When they received it, they began to grumble amongst themselves. 'These men endured this parking lot for fewer hours,' they said, 'and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the heavy rain and long hours in this parking lot.'

"But Mama Sue said, 'Friends, I am not being unfair to you. Didn't you agree to camp to be one of the first 100 and so receive 52 meal coupons? Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was arrived last the same as I gave you. Don't I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?'

"So the last will be first, and the first will be last."

Comments

Popular Posts