Neighboring

"Ding-dong"

It's 8:50 am on Saturday morning. I murmur to Amber, "Not getting out of bed yet."

The doorbell had just rung and I assumed it was one of the neighborhood kids looking for a ride or one of our other neighbors whose phone has been out of operation.

I was committed to sleeping in. And when I have my mind set on getting sleep, there is little to deter me from that mission...(Perhaps, I should "pray about that.")

About two hours later, I was sitting at my desk and Amber calls out, "Hey hun...There's food on our porch."

Nothing like free food to jolt me out of my chair and to the front door.

Sure enough. A large fresh baguette from "La Baguette" (imagine that) and a container full of freshly cooked and apparently deliciously prepared chicken wings. On the container, we read:

"Neighboring

Hao"

With his limited vocabulary, our kind and smiley neighbor, Hao, didn't realize how true the message of his broken english was. Neighboring.

By the way. The wings were absolutely delicious.

Comments

Popular Posts