What do you want?

More than just a good slice of pizza (although that sounds deeelicious), what do you really want?

Jesus asked this question often. I love it.

"What do you want?" To see. To be healed. To be free. I hear your desire. I see your faith.

I was journaling this question yesterday and a few thoughts trickled out of my pen and onto the page.

What do you want? I ask myself.

-To be free of the frantic scrambling for that place where significance, intimacy, purpose, acceptance and grace are no longer divorced realities awaiting marriage under one vow, but are ever-present gifts where each of us is satisfied and living for the pleasure of her neighbors

-To see God, to hear his calming and creating voice, to dance in his presence not trying to prove my worth, but free from my self-promoting desires that have faded away in his radiance

-To sit on the porch swing on a cool summer's eve, iced lemonade in hand perspiring on our laps, our feet cooled by the touch of the wooden planks beneath, laughter the breeze on our cheeks, the sun's descending beams cascading through the tall green friends that encircle us, warming our faces, goodness and generosity the gifts we all freely share, hearts content in the abiding presence of Love

Comments

Popular Posts