Long Absence

I am finding it increasingly difficult to make blogging a priority. I'm not sure what I will do in the future - maybe a rekindled commitment? maybe a new blog? maybe an extended sabbatical from the blogosphere?

Out here at LT we are nearly half finished. July is here. What am I experiencing? What am I learning?

God as Father. Me as a beloved son, the apple of his eye. A co-heir with Christ to the eternal kingdom of light.

"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Romans 8:15-17

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him." 1 John 3:1

It's a truth that is plastered all over Scripture, all over life. God is Fathering me. Do I believe it? Do I receive it? Do I live like it? Why do I forget so easily? Holy Cow - I have been saved from the destruction of the life I lived in the far country and now I have been brought home, embraced by my Father, forgiven and loved, now on a new pilgrimage of redemption, taking on the Family likeness, as embodied by Jesus, our True Elder Brother.

Moving from insecurity to identity, God is nudging me deeper into the reality of my new standing before my King.

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me."
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone and the new has come!"

I'm encountering this Radical Love Story with renewed eyes. In the midst of the lies and that flood the shores of our lives, I am being reminded to go back to the beautiful basics of my relationship with my Father: He is our Good Father, who is kind, engaged, loving, gentle, generous, fierce, wise, merciful and just. He is initiating me; he is fathering me as his son.

Comments

Popular Posts