My brother at the Ball

While Amber and I watched the Inauguration from our living room couch (thank you for flexible jobs), at least a few friends were in DC for the big event. Not the least of which was my brother. He texted me a few images from the Mall, but none of them top the shots he got at the Western Inaugural Ball that he attended later that night. How he ever gets in on this kind of stuff is beyond me, but I'm happy for him (did I mention that he randomly bumped into Yao Ming in the LA airport about a year before he was a household name?...and that he was interviewed not once, but twice by Katie Couric on the Today show?...among other chance encounters around the globe).






On another note, I heard that there was not a single arrest in DC yesterday. Two million people coming into town, a peaceful transition of power. Amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts