Hot, Flat, and Crowded



For over a month, I had wanted to read Thomas Friedman's latest book, Hot, Flat, and Crowded, but I was on a long waiting list at the library. But, the day before we left for our Christmas travels, my name came to the top of the queue and I was able to pick it up and read it over the past week and a half. I am glad I did.

I found Friedman's writing to be engaging and frankly hard to put down. The subject matter is very interesting and intensely relevant for us today as we look at our planet that is increasingly Hot (Global warming, or more accurately "Global weirding"), Flat (Friedman's book in 2005 about the flattening global economy was entitled The World is Flat), and Crowded (Global population is exponentially increasing, particularly in urban centers across the globe and expected to crest 9 billion by 2040).

Speaking of hot...Amber and I leave today for Choluteca, Honduras, where it is a balmy 90+ degrees. We will return on the 11th and I look forward to making a post about our mission trip as well as a follow up post to discuss some of the content of Hot, Flat, and Crowded. Please keep us in your prayers.

Comments

Popular Posts