Retreating from the noise

I recently took a short personal retreat in southern Illinois at this spacious cabin near Marion, IL. This guy has refurbished several cabins originally built in the mid 19th century and turned them into a bed n breakfast set on some private property with a little lake. I got this entire cabin to myself and a hearty, home cooked breakfast. Yum.

The owner of the place, Jim, was an interesting fellow. He felt like an old friend right after meeting. We sat on the front porch and talked politics and he talked to me about how I should get out into the real world and find a real job...that was fun :) If I wasn't there for some solitude, I would have enjoyed talking with him more. If you're ever down south and need a quiet, unique getaway, check this place out.

http://www.oldesquatinn.com/index.html

Comments

Popular Posts