Give It All Up

A friend sent me the transcript from a message given by Billy Graham in 1957 at the University of Illinois. I just finished reading it and Graham's words ring just as true for our us today as they did nearly 50 years ago. He spoke about how Christ has called us to live committed, disciplined, self-denying lives (Luke 9:23) and about how we have become soft, particularly as men; hearers of the Word, but not doers (James 1:22). I don't have much time to write for now, but I want to leave you with one quote from his message that really stuck with me.

A young university girl said to a Christian worker in England, "I would give the world if I had the Christian testimony you have." The dear sweet old lady said, "My dear, that's exactly what it cost me, the world."

Comments

Popular Posts