One Little Word

What a difference a word can make. In. Take these two statements as an example.

"I believe in God."

"I believe God."

How about you. Do you simply believe in God, or do you believe him? There's a world of a difference. Don't you think? I should point out that I am thinking of the phrase "believe in" in the typical American English sort of connotation that people use when they say, "Oh yeah, I believe in God." Not the true essence of the phrase "believe in", which would probably be better stated as, "Oh yeah, I am staking my life on God." So what does it mean for you and for me to actually believe God? God has made a lot of statements. His Word is filled with his promises and his truth. In fact, his Word (logos) became flesh and blood and lived here on the earth in the person of Jesus Christ, and he made a heckuva statement about God's views on life, statements that literally turned the Jews world upside down. Love your enemies...what?! Do we believe him when he says that he is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, that no one comes to the Father except through him? Do we believe him that he will love us with an everlasting love, a love that we cannot be separated from? Do we believe him that when we seek, we will find him?

Just some food for thought today.

Comments

Popular Posts