Lots-o-food

Okay, I really enjoy food. I really enjoy eating. And I love the fellowship of eating a meal with family and friends. It's a gift from God really. But, let's be honest, restaurants give way too much food. Actually, I take that back. For as much as some of them charge, the portions may be okay. It's just that we (including myself quite often) don't have enough self-control to not inhale the 1500 calorie meals we find at American restaurants (i'm not going to toss around the "G" word). Am I not right? :) It's just a little discouraging that it took this long for the health people to finally do this study.

By the way, if you haven't seen SuperSize Me, I think you should. Unless you want to maintain the same image you currently have in your mind about American fast food, then don't :) It left the greatest impact on me of any movie I have watched recently. Note, there are a couple unnecessary scenes, but the overall message of the movie is worth your time.

My greatest weekness food-wise is probably ice cream. I mean, let's just be honest. It's like the greatest thing ever invented...my Grandmas's homemade ice cream, Coldstone... I'm drooling as we speak. But when I heard this, I was taken aback: It has been estimated that to feed the foodless people in our world in a sustainable manner, it would take an initial investment of 20 billion dollars. Guess how much money Americans spent on ice cream last year? Yup. 20 billion dollars. Ouch... I'll just let that one sink in.

Now, I just need to take heed to my own words here and I guess that's a start!

Comments

Popular Posts